Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cuckoo clocks

Back to the studio!  Among all of the other projects I am working on in the studio, (Julia Skops plates, Temi's serving bowls, and Michelle's gold pedestal cups, all of which are made, but still drying), I am going to get started on another one.
  Last March I started making cuckoo clocks out of clay.  I never actually completed any of them, but I was able to work through some ideas, and resolve problems that I ran into while I was making them. And now I think it is time to make a few, but it will be my version of the old classic.
  To be honest, I really don't know why I feel like I need to make this type of clock.  Or why I am interested in clocks in general.  I suppose the reason could be as simple as, the fact that I think clock hands can be very ornate and beautiful, and I like the imagery of deer, leaves, birds.  They have a rustic sophistication to them that I find appealing.  And, I may shamefully say, trendy. I will post some pictures of my progress soon!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment