Friday, January 7, 2011

Bakeries in the South End

  It has been a week since we've moved to the South End of Boston.  My sister and brother-in-law are visiting for the next couple of days to help us unpack.  They have been so helpful, that I have been thanking them with food.  Yesterday I walked to Flour bakery www.flourbakery.com/ on Washington street for some delicious pastries, and this morning/early afternoon we all took at walk to Blunch www.eatblunch.com, for some blunch, er brunch.  Sarah and I split the Provençial and Jake had the Colonial.  I recommend both.  And Henri loved the Provençial.  He had some bites of mine.
  Before we left, I bought a few pastries for us to sample at home.  I posted an image above. Their coffee is super yummy too, Mexican House Blend.  The cafe is pretty small, so we didn't linger.  The seating is a wrap around bar with stools, and has a great view of the street. But it would be a great place to sit and chat for a bit and people watch too. 
    From top left: Chocolate chip cookie, coffee cake, chocolate dipped macaroon, brownie, and churro.




1 comment:

  1. yummo! When you are all settled, you'll have to post pictures of your new place! :)

    ReplyDelete